Suzdal is one of the oldest towns in Russia It’s a little town located on the Kamenka River, 26 kilometers from the city of Vladimir, the administrative center of the region. Town situated in the famous route “The Golden Ring”. Suzdal is a center of religious, folk festivities and heartbreaking landscape. In the XII century under the rule of Yury Dolgoruky, Suzdel became the capital of the Rostov-Suzdal principality. There are several impotent architectural monuments and museums. Such as Suzdal Kremlin-Monastery of the Savior and S. Euthimius, Museum of Wooden Architecture. Wooden Church of St. Nicholas Convent of Intercession. The Spaso-Evfimiev Monastery is one of the largest and best preserved monasteries in Suzdal. It is very large and houses more than 10 separate museums, including a museum commemorating the GULAG and Russian historical museums. Convent of Intercession was founded in 1364. In its center stands the cathedral. The interior of the cathedral has no paintings or stained glass, it is simply plain white stone walls all around. The church was and still is one of the richest convents in Russia. Wooden Church of St. Nicholas was built in Glotovo in 1766 and was moved to Suzdal in 1960 to be part of a museum of wooden architecture. The church is elevated off the ground about a story high from when it was moved across the country. This church is made out of all wood and represents the close relationship between wood and stone architecture .
In 1776, after Vladimir was founded , Suzdal was going to be county town. And till the XIX century the city was the big trade center, across of it went lots of shipment from Moscow to Saint-Petersburg and Arkhangelsk. In XX century Suzdal became little province with some factories.
The temperature in Suzdal
|day time||night time|